Healing Through Horses is a non-profit 501(c)3 counseling service that offers Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) in a private indoor horse facility in New Gloucester, Maine. Horses are known for their unique blend of gentle disposition and compassionate power.
EAP is animal assisted therapy that incorporates human interaction with horses as guides. Used for decades, it is a proven form of therapy that effectively employs a horses’s innate ability to connect and bond with people in a non-judgmental manner. Horses are sensitive, compassionate and gentle animals. They are able to perceive the needs of humans and act on those needs with unconditional love which makes them a perfect partner in a therapeutic setting.
Healing Through Horses provides gentle and proven therapy for a wide range of issues including:
– Autism, Asperger’s and other spectrum disorders
– Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
– Anxiety and depression
– Attachment, anger and Issues with self-esteem
– family conflict
– executive functioning issues
It also helps
– build coping skills and self-esteem,
– improve social competency and self-efficacy,
– improve communication and trust within families and groups,
– build personal relationships,
– increase self-awareness, boundary setting, self-discipline and responsibility,
– improve leadership skills.